NEWSLETTER Week of February 25, 2019
It’s CONCERT TIME!
Please meet us at Wentz Concert Hall on Sunday, February 24 at 1:30 pm. We will have a great time rehearsing together before the concert. Please note the call time below and be in your seat with an instrument tuned at your designated call time. Let’s keep in mind that the call time is the time to be on stage and ready to rehearse, NOT on arrival time! The concert will start promptly at 3:00 pm.
Concert Performance Time
Date: Sunday, February 24, 2018: 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
YSDP member can order the two complimentary tickets along with more
tickets for your family and friends.
- Order your tickets from the online ticket site at
- Submit the payment for tickets to Annalise Hausman (Manager)
- Late ticket requests can be picked up at the concert ticket table at Wentz Hall.
- As before, we will have a general seating where you will get to choose a different sitting area without waiting for years or paying for a premium cost
Important details pertaining to the concert day, February 24:
- Call time for all three orchestras is at 1:30 pm.
- Rehearsal will start at 1:45 pm and end at 2:30 pm.
- Concert and Symphony will exit from 2:30 pm – 2:40 pm.
- The stage will be set up for Sinfonietta and they should get on stage at 2:40ish.
- When arriving at Wentz Hall, please enter the North door at the rear of the Wentz Concert Hall, check-in and proceed to the band or choir rooms to unpack instruments.
- Students must come dressed for the concert. There will be no time to change.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your call time. This time is the time to be on stage and ready to rehearse, NOT an arrival time!
- The concert begins at 3:00 pm, please be in your seat with your instrument tuned at your designated call time. The concert will start promptly at 3:00 pm.
- Music Return: The concert music will be picked up at the end of the concert. Please place your concert music only in the folder and place in the appropriate bin in the warm-up room.
Concert Performance Attire
Concert dress is enforced and any musician not in concert dress will not be permitted to perform. Please ensure that you have appropriate concert attire ordered and fitted so that you are ready for February 24.
• Black velveteen dress
• Black dress shoes and nylons / trouser socks are permissible
• Minimal jewelry
• Black suit or tux jacket and pants, white shirt with black bow tie
• Black dress shoes
• Calf-high socks
• Minimal jewelry
• NO wearing shoes without socks
• NO white socks
• NO ankle high black socks.
• NO casual shoes (tennis shoes, flip-flops, boots, etc.)
This week’s rehearsals will take place on Monday, February 25 2019, at Goodwin Auditorium.
Next rehearsal will take place on Monday, March 4 2019, at Goodwin Auditorium
Rehearsal Times for each group on Monday:
- Sinfonietta Strings: 5:15pm – 6:15pm
- Concert: 6:20pm – 7:20pm
- Symphony: 7:30pm – 9:30pm
Symphony Ensemble Rehearsal Time: 6:20 p.m. – 7:20 p.m.
Concert Ensemble: We have open enrollment for Concert Ensemble. The rehearsal time for Concert ensemble is 5:15pm to 6:15p.m. Any Concert Orchestra member who would like to join please contact Shirley at 630.564.5610 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
While on campus, you can access free Wi-Fi. Username: ysdp Password: BENguest30220
Have a question? Please email email@example.com with any questions regarding absences/attendance, auditions, competitions or any other topics.