Youth Symphony of DuPage welcomes new musicians (advanced grade school through high school) to audition for our Sinfonietta Strings, Philharmonia Strings, Concert, and Symphony Orchestras.
Auditions are open to all musicians with special consideration for talented wind, brass, and percussion musicians.
YSDP Rehersals are on Mondays. There are a series of three public Concerts per performance season in a typical performance year. The concerts take place in Wenz Concert Hall in Naperville Illinois.
The Youth Symphony of DuPage has been keeping a close eye on developments related to COVID-19, and we are excited to announce proactive steps to prioritize the health and safety of our musicians, conductors, judges, employees, parents, and our community.
In response to COVID-19, our Spring Audition will be done through online YouTube video links.
Once you register, you can submit YouTube links for the Performance Season 2020-2021 audition. Please see the VIDEO AUDITION DETAILS section of this page for details.
Audition Registration and Links Due Dates:
* Please complete the Registration by clicking the link below as soon as possible.
* We ask that the Audtion registration be completed by April 30. We understand things are hectic around you due to COVID-19, therefore we will continue to accept the audtion application till May 31.
* The dealine for Audition Links are May 31.
* Note: When registering, you will need to pay for the Audtion Fee $25 first, then click on REGISTER, ADD TO CART, and CHECKOUT to complete the registration details.
Click here to register your Audtion: HERE
or click this link: youth-symphony-of-dupage.ticketleap.com/audition2020/
If you already submitted the registration using the old form:
You can now record it and submit YouTube links for the Performance Season 2020-2021 audition. All Spring Auditions will be done through online YouTube videos.
Please see below for more information and directions regarding the audition components.
Members of YSDP Judges will review your audition video. You will receive notification of your audition results via email on or about June 8.
HOW TO AUDTION:
* Record your audition
* Upload your recording to YouTube as an unlisted video
* Email your recording to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Familiarize yourself with the audition requirements and practice each of the elements. We recommend you warm up before you begin your recording. We also recommend that you practice doing your recording so that you are familiar with the equipment you are using and feel comfortable and relaxed once you do the final video.
Where to Submit your Audition VideoLinks
Please submit your YouTube audition video links at email@example.com.
What to Submit
Please submit only the audition videos consisting of the following items:
* Two (2) contrasting solo pieces video links
* (1) major scale and one (1) melodic minor scale of your choice and style video link
* If you are auditioning for Symphony Orchestra, please also include a link for the required excerpt video link (Symphony audition only)
What to name the YouTube video links:
3 YouTube links (4 YouTube Links for Symphony audition) using the naming convention as following:
* Lastname_Firstname_Excerpt (Symphony only)
You will received the audition result by June 8.
We are looking forward to your audition videos!
To All: prepare ALL bracketed excerpts for your instrument
Horns: prepare Dvorak only
Harp: prepare Glinka only
ATTENTION ALL FEMALE CANDIDATES
Please note that due to the ongoing development of the COVID-19, information on this site is subject to change.